9:05 AM Good morning, lovebirds! Since I'm sharing a lot of active and healthy things with you this week, I thought that this idea here might make you happy as well.
It definitely made me happy and I really want to share this with you, because it makes life so much easier! That's what we want, right?

I am a runner and I drink many smoothies (even when I'm not active - cheers to being a lazy kitchen hero). I also love meat and I eat a lot of it - but still my body is asking for more protein. This lead me to many researches about food and their protein content - I found out that I need to eat more of it. After planning a whole week of crazy foods which should give me the amount of protein I need, I was sick and tired, because this wasn't fun. I hate forcing myself to eat this and that more, just to satisfy my body. What can I do?

My friends and family around me are using a lot of protein powder for their after workouts or breakfast sessions - I have never been a fan of it. I talked to many people how to add more protein into my life and the answers were always the same...
One day, I decided to go to my local grocery shop to get an idea about protein powder. I checked everything, but I still wasn't a fan.

My sister already tried many things and she wasn't all positive about it as well. I still wondered what's the best solution for my issue.

In NYC there were tons of ideas for me, but somehow I wasn't ready for it (maybe I was also too lazy to carry all the things back home, haha). I tried to eat more protein and I actually just annoyed myself the whole time: did I eat enough? Is my body happy now? Bla bla.

Now that fitness is kind of a trend, we get more and more protein powder to choose from. I said to myself that I have to go that step now and I will try my first selection. 25$ for 150g....really?
I don't want to spend 1$, but for 25$ I can eat a whole week from! I went back home to see if there's a way to do my own protein powder...

I came across Laura's post about a vegan protein powder mixture. "Okay, sounds good,"I thought.
I checked the ingredients and I was so happy, because my well stocked pantry offered me all the ingredients, so I didn't have to buy anything!

This recipe really changed a lot and yes, it made my life so much easier! No more worries about more protein in my food and my smoothies also get a little upgrade ~

Before I share the recipe....tell me about your experience! Are you active? Do you use protein powder and if so which is your favorite? I would really like to hear about it!


GIVE ME MORE (PROTEIN) POWDER
RECIPE FROM "THE FIRST MESS" WITH SOME ADDITIONS OF MINE


YOU NEED 1 Cup sesame seeds + 1 Cup flax seeds + 1 Cup hemp seeds + 1 Cup chia seeds + 1 Cup ground almonds + 1 Cup cacao powder + 3-4 tablespoons cinnamon (optional you can replace one Cup of seeds with 1 Cup of chlorella powder)


1. If your almonds aren't ground yet, make sure to do so.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and blend them in your mixer until everything is smooth! You can decide if you want it thicker or thinner - I kept a little texture inside.
3. Put your powder in a safe glass container and store it in the fridge or somewhere cooler.
4. For each smoothie I use 2-3 teaspoons ~ Enjoy!


Ahhh, I'm so happy about this powder! I hope I can make you smile as well! Let's stop with spending too much cash on all those things - sometimes it's easier to do it yourself!

Powered by Blogger.