11:36 AM My friend at work once brought me yummy dumplings (my people know how much I love dumplings!!) and I was beyond excited to eat them! There's nothing better than homemade dumplings from people who actually know their craft! One thing was missing though: the perfect dipping sauce!
I remembered eating this thick and slightly sweet teriyaki sauce from one of my favorite Japanese restaurants and I always wanted to find out how to do this myself. I knew for my dumplings I needed this sauce!
At my kitchen pantry, there was only soy sauce and somehow I never invested in teriyaki sauce...so weird. Since I am not a pro in the kitchen and I love to experiment, I thought it's time to try this recipe! I mean, actually, my stomach was talking...I wanted to fry my dumplings and eat them with a good teriyaki sauce. There was no turning back: let's do this!


TERIYAKI SAUCE

YOU NEED 1 cup soy sauce + 1 cup water  + 1/2 teaspoon ginger + 5 tablespoons brown sugar + 2 tablespoons honey + 2 tablespoons cornstarch


1. Take out a pan and turn up the heat!
2. Pour in the soy sauce and add the sugar + honey + ginger.
3. Let it boil for a couple of minutes and keep stirring it once in a while.
4. Add the water and keep it cooking for at least 5 more minutes.
5. Now add the cornstarch and turn down the heat - the sauce will get thicker now! Don't cook the sauce on a high heat level, because of the sugar and honey! (They can burn fast.)
6. As soon as the sauce is thick, you can already use it for your dinner or you wait until it cools down and you can put it in a glass for future meals.
7. ENJOY ~ 


I just love this recipe!! It's so easy and soooo finger licking good! More, more, more! ~
Powered by Blogger.