10:52 AM The kitchen smells too good and half of the dough already landed in my belly...oops. After sharing a yummy Christmas cookie recipe last year, I surely had to provide you with another one this year. 

This Christmas though, I want to share a special recipe with you - I mean really special!!! Those cookies right here, are the ones I used to grow up with. I got so many great memories, standing in the kitchen with my mom and sister, baking sugar cookies and listening to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra. Every year, we are preparing tons of the sugar cookie dough with which you can bake many different styles of sugar cookie (may it be the simple sugar cookies with sprinkles, or the double ones with jam inside). My grandma was the perfect baker and my mom owns a lot of delicious recipes from her! I am glad to own this sugar cookie recipe  too and I can't wait to present this to my kids one day. 

What I love about this recipe is that a.) it's super simple b.) you don't need many ingredients c.) you can prepare a lot of it ahead and d.) you can be super creative with the outcome. 
Option d is basically my motivation this year! I love eating sugar cookies which look like cute gingerbread men, snowflakes, or stars...but each year, it's the same look! 

That's why I came up with the idea to decorate my trees in a lovely and so cool ombre look! You can use any color here and you can create your own perfect Christmas forest! I decided to go with green and afterwards I also did a couple of blue ones which makes them look icy and mysterious. 

I created a little video for you...just because! 
Merry Christmas and the whole recipe can be found in the video! 

Powered by Blogger.