10:03 AM Those winter days can be a pain in the ass sometimes! I feel like the cold is currently stealing all of my energy and power, so there is only one way to fight that: workout more! This week, one of my high priorities is drinking and sweating a lot! I said it in my winter running essential post: during winter we don't like to drink a lot! We need to remember that hydration is important in any season! So this week I will treat my body better and I will also fight my tired bones! 

Today is a new day and we get to know the TREE 1

It is also called Vrksasana and it's good for strengthening your thighs, calves, ankles, and spine.

1. Stand in tall and shift your weight slightly onto your left foot, keeping your sole pressed firm against the floor, and then bend your right knee.
2. Reach down with your right hand and clasp your right ankle.
3. Draw your right foot up and place the sole against your inner left thigh; if possible, press your right heel into your thigh – just below your groin with your toes pointing toward the floor.
4. The center of your pelvis should be directly over your left foot.
5. Rest your hands on the upper portion of your pelvic bone. Make sure that your pelvis is in a neutral position, with the top rim parallel to the floor.
6. Lengthen your tailbone toward the floor. Firmly press your right foot sole against your inner thigh and resist with your left leg.
7. Press your hands together. Gaze softly at a fixed point in front of you on the floor about 4 -5 feet away
8. Stay in this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
9. Step back to your starting position with an exhalation and repeat for the same length of time with the legs reversed.

Let's do this. 
Take your time and enjoy it!

If you happen to try out the poses here, make sure to mention #24stretchesforsanta. Holla at me if you like to discuss or ask anything - I'm always there for feedback or support, lovebirds ~
Powered by Blogger.