WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

8:55 PM Sometimes, all you need is a true classic. I told you about my dairy struggle and somehow I am not succeeding with making a great ice cream alternative...Since it is summer, my body was screaming for easy but so delicious ice cream sandwiches...what am I supposed to do? Well, I accepted the challenge and I freestyled this sweet sin! 

Also, my roses were about to die so I definitely knew I would use them in my cookies, mixed with a couple of raspberry leftovers. I wanted to create a fresh and summer vibe kind of dessert and I felt this would be the right combination - why not! Are you ready for this? 



ROSE + RASPBERRY COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH (DAIRY FREE) 



YOU NEED For the ice cream 2 large bananas + 1 avocado + 1/4 cup cocoa + 1 teaspoon honey | For the cookies 1 cup butter + 1 cup vegetable shortening + 1 1/2 cups white sugar + 1 1/2 cups brown sugar + 3 eggs + 1-2 teaspoons vanilla + 5 1/4 cups flour  + 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda + a pinch of salt + 1 teaspoon honey + a handful of raspberries + some rose pedals 


This may look like a lot of work...but hey, this is not the reality. I'm lazy and this was the fastest and best ice cream sandwich I ever had. First of all...it's dairy free and second...it almost feels healthy. Are you down? 

1. Prepare the ice cream. You can do this ahead if you plan on serving this dessert on a special day, for example. Mix the bananas with the avocado until both are super smooth. Add the cocoa and honey and give it a good stir until everything is well blended. Before you put it into a box for the freezer, make sure to taste it and add more honey if you want to! You can also add some nuts or other surprises - be creative!
2. For the cookie, take out two bowls. In the first bowl, you mix the butter with the shortening and the sugars! 
3. Mix them super creamy and add step by step all three eggs. 
4. Add the vanilla and give it a good stir for one last time! 
5. Now let's focus on the second bowl. Mix the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the mixture to the moist ingredients and stir it with a lot of love. 
6. It's important to add the raspberries and the rose pedals at the end, because both ingredients are super sensitive and we also like our cookies to look pretty, right? 
7. The oven is calling! Preheat it to 350°F and prepare your baking sheet with the cookies! 
8. Bake them about 8-9 minutes until they are slightly golden and let them cool down afterwards! 
9. The last step is the easiest: take out your ice cream and put some between two cookies ~ enjoy! 

What do you think? Does this sound too hard? No! YOU NEED TO TRY IT! Ever had dairy free and so delicious ice cream? Ever tried a rose cookie? If you caught yourself saying no...there's no way for you to not try this as soon as possible! :)
Please make sure to tell me about your results, if you happen to try this recipe!
I hope you will be as much in love as I am!

Have a great weekend and eat as much ice cream as you can! ~ 
Powered by Blogger.