WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

1:08 PM The temperature is getting higher and you want to cool down with something refreshing, but not too sweet and sticky? I was daydreaming about a fresh yogurt ice cream, when I realized that I can't eat that due to my current diary issues (buhhh). I researched a bit and I wanted a special kind of ice cream which has a great taste, not too many calories, and it should be without diary - is that possible? OF COURSE! The solution is here: black sesame ice cream!

The good thing about this recipe is that you always have those ingredients at home! In addition to that, you don't need to spend hours in the kitchen to prepare everything! That's how I like my recipes! So let's start with the ingredients!


BLACK SESAME ICE CREAM (DAIRY FREE) 


YOU NEED
1 can organic coconut milk (I used the basic size which is 400ml) + 4-5 tablespoons maple syrup vanilla flakes or vanilla syrup + 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 cup black sesame paste (I did it myself and mixed the sesame in a blender until it's smooth)

1. Mix together the coconut milk with the maple syrup until it's smooth and soft.
2. Add our special flavors to the mixture and blend it well.
3. Taste it. Is it not sweet enough? Add more maple syrup or also use honey!
4. Now let your mixture run through an ice cream maker and wait until it's done! (If you don't have an ice cream maker at home, no worries, use your blender for a little bit and then just freeze it until it's hard! It may be not as creamy as if you use the ice cream maker, but you get a very close result)

If you like your ice cream with special toppings, you can also add special toppings, fruits or sauces! Be creative!

I hope you enjoy this little and simple recipe! A little kick start to enjoy the sunshine and the hot temperatures! It doesn't always need to be chocolate ice cream! With the black sesame ice cream, you will enjoy a little coconut wonderland mixed with a slightly nutty flavor!
Tell me what you think about it! Did you ever try black sesame ice cream?

By the way...when I saw the picture above, which Vivian Maier took, I just had to use it for this post! I love Maier's NYC street shots - they are so pure and so much fun to look at! My grey ice cream could not compete with this classic picture! ~
Powered by Blogger.