WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

11:33 AM As an active person, I care a lot about hydration and drinking a lot of water during the day. I told you this before...I always struggled in drinking a lot and there are days where I have to force myself to drink more! In addition to that, I sometimes get the feeling that I am sick of water, but then I try to create new infused water ideas and I spice up my daily drinking habit. Currently, I am totally into ginger and mint water, but one question is still stuck in my head. Shall I care about my plastic water bottle, or do I have to drink my water out of a glass bottle? This might be a weird question, but I noticed that people around me prefer drinking their water out of a glass bottle, whereas I still buy my plastic bottles and then I recycle them. Is that wrong? Or is there a difference? 

Some complain that their water tastes like plastic, when they are drinking it out of a plastic bottle - I never noticed that! To me, it is more comfortable to have a plastic bottle when I am running or working out, because I can carry it easily and I don't have to worry if it's going to break or such. The more I connect to active people, I notice their usage of glass bottles - but some people also just say that "those glass bottles" just look better than a boring plastic bottle and that's why they use it. 

Since I am a nerd and I like to read all the facts, I was reading a lot of studies to understand more beyond. 
This is what I found out: First of all, the personal facts. Just like I already said, people discuss about the chemicals which are included in plastic bottles and there are some people who taste that in their water - some don't (just like me). Most of the people taste a kind of metallic taste and it manipulates the real water taste a bit! Here, I am talking about BPA, phthalates, PVC or polycarbonates - those kind of chemicals only exist when you are using a plastic bottle - glass bottles are "clean". Some studies say that chemicals like polycarbonates may affect organs such as the breasts and prostate, but it's also not good for the heart! Others swear that they can save lots of money, because they only have to invest in one bottle and that's it. I already said it in the beginning: I am recycling my bottles and since I live in Germany, we get 25 cents back when we recycle our plastic bottles - so the saving money part isn't that important to me, but maybe to you - it depends on where you live. 

Now let's focus on the environment part. A study says that ca. 2.7 million tons of plastic are used each year for disposable drinking bottles. Less than 1% of all plastic is recycled - which means that the rest will end up in a landfill. We all have seen the images in the news - plastic is ruining our nature and it takes over 500 years for plastic bottles to break down. Producing plastic bottles is bad for our environment, since it is using valuable resources which we need! On the other hand, glass is a natural product which is regarded as a safe product and it is 100% recyclable. While it is getting recycled, there will be no loss in quality or purity - it is sustainable in raw materials

I think it's important to get to know the products which we are using and since I have  always been curious about this subject, I am happy to share my knowledge or new ideas about this. I knew that I wanted to try glass bottles, just to compare both situations! I love Mother Nature and I also believe that we should treat her better! If this means that we shouldn't use as much plastic bottles as we use them right now, I am down to try something else. Here, I got a little selection for you, if you happen to be interested in this subject as well! I will definitely invest in a glass bottle - their designs make me want to buy even more than one, haha. 
How do you feel about glass bottles? Did you ever compare both styles of drinking? Share your stories! 


Ello Glass Water Bottle - Georgia Peach • $9.99
S'well 'Metallic Collection - Yellow Gold' Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Size 17 oz - Yellow • Swell • $42
Bobble Water Bottle - Magenta (34 oz) • $12.99
bkr Moto Sheer Dusty Black Glass Water Bottle/32 oz. • BKR • $45
bkr Elle Opaque Fluorescent Coral Glass Water Bottle/32 oz. • BKR • $45
Ello Syndicate Glass Water Bottle - Georgia Peach • $14.99
Kate Spade New York Silicon-Sleeved Glass Water Bottle • Kate Spade • Sold Out
kate spade new york glass water bottle - Pink • Kate Spade • $30
bkr Glass Water Bottle - Blue/green (32 oz.) • BKR • $45
Powered by Blogger.