8:18 AM You may have seen it on Instagram...I am currently semi online, because I finally had my wisdom teeth surgery - yey! While Spring is presenting itself from the best side, I was strolling through the city, taking pictures and forgetting about my pain. Luckily, I look quiet okay and soon I will be back with new images. Today I want to focus on something else.
The last weeks, I was trying to get rid of all of my Winter things and I wanted to clean my place. Yeah, I know, sounds totally easy, but this week I realized that my floor is still messy and paper is flying around everywhere. I need to do a Spring cleaning marathon or professional help, haha. Is it so hard to clean up? Do I clean up in a wrong way or do you experience the same? I am not saying I am a messy, but it feels like I have more things after I cleaned up...weird.

I want to end this dilemma by learning how to clean and tidy up right...who could help me here? Of course Marie Kondo. Have you heard about her? She's the expert for having a tidy and happy life and she wrote a book called "The Life-Changing magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing". I knew that the Japanese know how to live a clean and happy life - it's time to be more Japanese and absorb their attitude. 
We can do this, guys!

1. Talking about "being messy": "a messy room equals a messy mind." Yeah, yeah. Just like I said, I am not a messy, but I love collecting things. For example, I have many notebooks and I illustrate for the blog a lot, so I always have pencils, papers and pictures spread all over. I guess I need to clean my mindset first before I clean my place?!

2. "We should be choosing what we want to keep, not what we want to get rid of. " Good statement, Marie! Focus on the good things in our place and the trash will automatically be gone! We definitely own too much - we all know this or experienced this! Let's just keep it simple with things that make us happy and that's it. 

3. Talking about happiness. "Believe what your heart tells you when you ask, "Does this spark joy?" Why do we keep so many things which we a.) don't need plus b.) we just keep because we might need it one day? That's a waste of space and time. We want to keep things which make us smile. If something makes us mad or angry - get rid of it!

4. "The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life. " I had to read this sentence twice. Tidying and cleaning up your home is not only a visual thing, it's also affecting our lives and attitudes. We need to know where we want to go and what we want to be! Keeping everything clean and simple. A clear mind with happy vibes can make life so much easier! 

5. "When you put your house in order, you put your affairs and your past in order. " So true! Why do we have so much stuff in our shelves or boxes? Because it's from the past - memories, experiences, things you want to remember in 10 or more years. But being stuck in the past doesn't make us happy and we don't live in the now - we are somewhere in between. We have one life and we should live it without ballast and emotions we don't need. Free yourself! 


Yes, sometimes it can be so easy. We all know about those statements and I bet many of you are already living like this. But then again, we fall back and start with old habits again. Habits can be learned and it's an exercise! Right now is the perfect time to REALLY say goodbye to trash and things you don't need. Take Marie's 5 steps from above and get your home Spring ready. 

I will do it this weekend - who's with me? 
Powered by Blogger.