12:39 AM Snacking ain't easy and I need something which gives me power and a lot of energy! There is no time to feel guilty, this recipe is all about feeling good and giving your body the right things!
I am so happy to be back in the kitchen and show you my newest addiction. I love eating pretzels as a snack, but there always comes a point, where I am bored of the taste and I want something new. Since I love trying out different things in the kitchen, I thought of baking my own little pretzel fellas. This time, there won't be a boring salty taste, I want flavor and special surprises when I eat the bites.

Today I show you my chia cinnamon pretzel bites, which have the perfect balance between sweet and salty. I love eating them with a spoon of peanut butter and then my world is good again! I also tried Peanut Butter & Co's "Cinnamon Raisin Swirl" with the pretzel bites and I can only recommend this to you! You know me and my love for cinnamon...double cinnamon is making my soul even happier! 


CHIA CINNAMON PRETZEL BITES 


YOU NEED 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour + 1 cup warmwater + 1 tablespoon butter + 1 1/2 cups bread flour + 1 1/2 teaspoons salt + 1 teaspoon instant yeast + 1 teaspoon honey + cinnamon & chia seeds (as much as you like) taste it step by step | For the water bath later you will need 8 cups water + 2 tablespoons baking soda.


1. Stir together the whole wheat flour and the water.
2. Cover the bowl and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
3. Now add the butter, bread flour, salt, yeast, and honey. Give the dough a good massage!
4. The pretzel dough should be super soft and smooth after about 5-10 minutes. You can also do this step with a kitchen machine (which is faster of course).
5. Add the cinnamon and chia seeds. Don't use too much cinnamon, because this might burn in your mouth later!
6. Cover the bowl again and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 90 minutes.
7. As soon as the dough has reached double its size, preheat the oven to 450°F.
8. Take out a sauce pan and let your water boil over medium heat.
9. Meanwhile, divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll it out. Now cut the long stripes into little bite pieces. Be creative! The shape is up to you!
10. Reduce the heat of your water bath and stir in slowly the baking soda.
11. Now it's time to throw in the bites! After 30 seconds to 1 minute, remove them from their bath and line them up on a baking sheet.

450°F / 12-15 minutes 


If you happen to try this recipe, make sure to holla back at me, so I know how yours turned out! I want to hear your kitchen stories!

Happy snacking, K ~
Powered by Blogger.