7:23 AM First of all...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I promised you one more post - here it is! You may notice that I am a fan of traditions! I am not a kid anymore, but I love baking cookies and yes, I am talking about Santa all the time - I will never change that! So today, I dedicate my post to my childhood hero Santa! As kids, parents tell us to give Santa cookies and milk, but maybe there's an alternative for this busy guy I thought. As much as I love traditions, I like to give things a little twist and so I experimented in the kitchen again! I live in a city of Germany, where we never had the chance to get awesome donuts and Dunkin Donuts just opened here (finally!).

I always wanted to feel like in America and enjoy donuts whenever I feel like it. The only way would be to do them by myself. "No way!", I told myself and I never tried it. Today, we have a Dunkin Donuts here, but it's way too expensive and it's not very close to where I live, since I live in the suburbs. In the afternoon I was craving donuts so bad, so that I decided to bake them and give it at least one try. I decided to create little donut bites (...it's not that bad for you, haha) with two different fillings: jam and salted caramel with chocolate chips. Sounds good, huh? I was so surprised when I made the dough...it tasted like heaven already and I wasn't even done! After a good hour, I had a bowl of donut bites and I was super happy! My first donut experiment gets an A+, because it doesn't only taste like O M G, it's also so fluffy and krispy - you have to try it! The cool thing about this recipe is that you can be creative with the filling - whatever you want and whatever you crave - put it in your bites! Now let's make Santa happy or make them ahead for your guests, if you are hosting a Christmas brunch! 


SANTA'S DONUT BITES

YOU NEED 2 Cups flour + 1 package baking powder + 2 eggs + 2 tablespoons sugar + 280g Greek yogurt 


1. Let's start with the flour! Mix in the baking powder and sugar and give it a little stir.
2. Beat in the two eggs and the Greek yogurt!
3. Now mix it until the dough is super smooth and not liquid anymore! The dough feels a bit like pudding, but not too hard. If your dough is too much like a hard cookie dough, just add more yogurt to make it smooth again.
4. Take out a saucepan and put in some vegetable oil. Time to fry the donuts! The oil has to be hot and not warm - so, bring on the heat!
5. Stick a toothpick into your oil... are there bubbles around it? That's a sign to throw in your donuts! I used a good teaspoon full of dough, since the dough will gain a little bit of volume! After 1-2 minutes, you can turn your donut around and wait another minute. Put it on a plate an repeat until all your dough is gone!

I did around 30 little bites! Let them cool down and take care of your filling then! I used a mixed berries jam which I heated up in the microwave which makes filling the donuts so much easier! The other filling was a salted caramel filling - a kind of pudding creme I tried from Dr.Oetker! I was too curious when I saw this at the supermarket, so I had to try this! Afterwards, roll the bites in more sugar and then they are ready to be enjoyed!

This recipe is such a great thing for birthdays, a little get-together, or a brunch! Whenever you crave this little sin, do them and satisfy your tummy! 

I can't wait to see your results! If you try them, tell me how they tasted!

Now, let's get back to our Christmas routine! May your holidays be awesome! ~ x K 
Powered by Blogger.