WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

12:55 PM Many Europeans are jealous when it comes to this holiday! I include myself, since I love American food too much! While everyone is getting cozy and ready to eat a bunch of stuff, we start our Christmas Market season and we fantasize about our Christmas feast already. Crazy how fast the year goes by! Luckily, I spent Thanksgiving last year in the states and my friend took me to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Oh god! I wish I could tell you how delicious it was! Okay, stop dreaming! I know, some people already worry about the masses of food, but come on it's only once a year! The secret is to plan the days before and afterwards in the right way! Maybe you do an extra workout, or you try a detox day, so you can really treat yourself later! A Fall thing, which I wanted to share for so long, is my first try on a pumpkin spice syrup! Maybe a bit late, but I just realized that our Starbucks is no longer offering the famous Pumpkin Spice Latte, so what are we going to do? We do it at home and I promise you that it will taste the same! I consumed this syrup on a daily basis and I am really addicted to this sticky thing! If I can do it, you can do it, too! Try it and enjoy your pumpkin moment! Check out the recipe below! (Btw, this is a cool gift if you are invited to a Thanksgiving party) 


PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP


YOU NEED 1/4 cup pumpkin puree + 3/4 cups water + 3/4 cup brown sugar + 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg + 1 teaspoon cinnamon + 3 cloves


1. Take a small sized saucepan and put it over medium heat.
2. Combine water and brown sugar and wait until sugar has dissolved.
3. Reduce the heat, add all the spices and pumpkin puree. Don't forget to stir well!
4. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and then strain it through a fine mesh strainer.
5. Your syrup is ready to being consumed, or you can put it in an air tight container and cool it in the fridge. The syrup will be good for 2 weeks, but don't forget to shake the container before you use it. You can not only put this in your coffee (I use 2 teaspoons of syrup), you can also use this for cakes or other sweet treats. 

I hope you enjoy posts like this and also make sure to tell me how your syrup turned out - I'm curious!! 
Powered by Blogger.