WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

WELCOME TO OFF COLOR

8:45 AM Thanksgiving is over, but the happy season just started! I promised you to share a lot the next couple of weeks and today I want to start with my first "Friendsgiving". How was your Thanksgiving? Did you also host a Friendsgiving? I told you some days ago that we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Germany, but I did enjoy a great Thanksgiving last year in New Jersey, so I wanted to keep this tradition. Since my budget was super low and I didn't really have a lot of time to plan, I decided to keep it low-key with a sweet brunch! I did maple pumpkin waffles, glazed pumpkin with nuts and many other sweet treats - it was DELICIOUS!! 
Why don't you try it yourself next year and give your brunch or breakfast a Thanksgiving twist? The good thing about our brunch was that I didn't have to buy a lot of ingredients. The things for the waffles are always there in a kitchen and my berry fusion sauce was already prepared, since I shared the recipe this week (read it here). I had a lot of nuts at home, so the only thing I needed was the the pumpkin and some extra things my guests like! I love seasonal food, so I also had to go to our local farmer's market to get a little inspiration and take some things with me.


      HOST YOUR OWN FRIENDSGIVING

1. Invite friends and everyone you love.
2. Make a list: what does everyone eat - what can I create? 
3. Go shopping. Find inspirations and get the things you need (tip: just like I did...think about stuff which you may have at home already. Don't spend too much on new things which you will never use again!)
4. Decorate your place, organize the setting, set up a photo booth or whatever you like.
5. Cook, cook, cook. Or bake? Ask your friends to bring stuff, too, if it's too hard for you to handle everything by yourself.
6. Create a playlist. Put a laptop in a corner and let your iTunes playlist play, or create a mix and play it to your guests. 
7. Have a good time! Don't stress yourself! 

Love and good vibes to all of you!
x K 
Powered by Blogger.