3:11 AM My eating routine is getting boring right now and I decided to spice up my kitchen a little bit. I haven't eaten avocados for so long (they were pretty expensive here, so I ignored them, haha) and now I finally got some for super cheap, so my dinners get some extra healthy greens, which I like a lot. You may have heard it, avocados are super healthy, but people don't really know what to do with them! Side fact: there is more to enjoy than guacamole! Today I want to share some health benefits with you, so maybe you consider to buy one as well and try out this smooth ingredient - you won't regret it!

1. IT HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT. I won't tell you to make a diet or to "live a healthier life", but if you ever asked yourself...avocados are high in fiber and low in carbs, so this is a very friendly food when it comes to weight loss and good nutrition.
2. IT MAY HELP PREVENT CANCER. Studies show that it may help reduce side effects of chemotherapy in human lymphocytes. Other studies say that the avocado extract inhibits the growth of prostate cancer cells. Unfortunately, these are all simple studies and we don't know how every human being reacts to certain things, so the outcome can vary in each case!
3. IT CAN PROTECT THE EYES. Avocados contain high antioxidants which include nutrients like Lutein & Zeaxanthin, which are important for eye health. For a longer term your eyes can be protected and will suffer less when you are older.
4. IT CAN LOWER CHOLESTEROL AND TRIGLYCERIDE LEVELS. Eating Avocados can lower the typical risk factors which lead to death.
5. IT IS LOADED WITH HEART-HEALTHY FATTY ACIDS. A very great fact is that avocado is a high fat food. No worries, the majority of the fat is called oleic acid and it is responsible for the beneficial effects.
6. IT CONTAINS POTASSIUM - A NUTRIENT THAT MOST PEOPLE CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF. Potassium helps maintaining electrical gradients in our body's cells and it serves various important functions. This also leads to a reduced blood pressure and a lower risk of heart attacks.  

Too many facts for you? Well, I bet there is more to know about avocados and I personally like to know about the food I consume. Educate yourself, too! 
I already mentioned it - just because you eat this and that doesn't mean that you won't get cancer or you lose 5 pounds right away - it's about your lifestyle as a total. You can balance your nutrition with certain food and after a certain time your body may change and transform - every body reacts totally different!! 

Enjoy your avocados! ~
Powered by Blogger.